When we think about growth and prosperity, images of infrastructure appear in our mind. Roads, bridges, buildings, landscapes, etc. are the few examples of the numerous types of civil infrastructures that are constructed to bring development to the rural and remote areas besides upgrading the city lives. Fluidconstructions, a new age construction company from Nagpur, is changing the face of infrastructure building using innovative techniques and adhering to the principles of construction.
Infrastructure is the product of construction, which requires huge capital and manpower, and involves many different techniques and activities. So the success of a construction project is not only measured in terms of quality and durability of the structure but also in terms of cost, duration, safety, and environmental impact. This is where Fluidconstruction stands out from its peers.
Adhering to the principles of construction and sustainable construction methods, Fluidconstruction is setting new standards for the current and future construction. Let’s understand both concepts.
What are the five principles of construction?
- Environmental protection: The project must be environment friendly and pollution free.
- Safety: The project must implement the highest safety criteria. Apply new technology in construction to ensure safety and convenience of the workers.
- Speed: The project must be completed within the accorded time period.
- Economy: The project cost must be contained within the given limit. Use new innovation in construction to achieve performance at lesser cost.
- Aesthetics: The construction must have a neat and pleasing appearance.
The essence of the five principles of construction is that all five aspects are equally important and therefore should be given equal importance throughout a project’s life cycle, from conception through planning, design, and construction. For example, cost of the project is always a concern, but that doesn’t mean one shouldn’t accept a project design that’ll save money but harm the environment. And although manual processes in some situations might be safer, you should still employ automation to finish the project early. All five conditions must be evaluated, and the best approaches must be adopted at every stage of the construction project.
What is sustainable construction?
Sustainable construction is the practice of building construction using renewable and recyclable resources. Construction projects should be conducted in a manner that reduces waste and energy consumption and protects the natural environment surrounding the project site.
Developing an environment friendly construction is the goal of a sustainable construction project. This is again based on six principles – conserve, reuse, recycle/renew, protect nature, and produce non-toxic and high-quality materials.
The aim is to reduce the environmental impact of construction by implementing sustainable development practices, increasing energy efficiency, and utilizing green technology.
Sustainable construction techniques:
There are many ways construction companies can resort to for improved sustainability, reduced carbon emissions, and waste of natural resources, such as:
- More use of renewable energy like solar, biomass, geothermal, etc.
- Utilizing on-site water treatment plants to reduce water wastage.
- Recycle and construction with renewable or waste materials, such as ground tire rubber, fly and bottom ash, blast-furnace slag, cement kiln dust, silica fume, and many more.
- Making construction more environment friendly by using materials like bamboo, laminated timbers(plywood), recycled plastics, etc.
Sustainable forest management has a big role in sustainable construction practice as forest is the source of timber and some other low-energy building materials. Properly managed forests not only produce alternative building materials, but also provide a biodiverse habitat for wildlife.
The field of construction is changing at a rapid pace riding on new innovations, technological advancement and advanced collaboration. Fluidconstructions ensures an informed approach and best practices in construction according to the requirements; environment, safety, speed, and sustainability.